1. make sure you choose your bacon and bread wisely. Freshly baked bread and proper thick cut bacon from a butcher is the best way to go. However, if you can’t get hold of these where you are, you can get fresh bread and high-quality bacon from your local supermarket.
In this guide, we have gone for deliciously smoked back bacon, But this bit is completely up to you!
2. We like to grill our bacon. This is a healthier way to enjoy bacon and just as tasty! If you don’t have a grill you can also bake the bacon in the oven. Make sure you grill the bacon until it is nice and crispy.
3. Warm your bread. TOP TIP: Lightly toasting your bread on both sides, means that your sandwich will not go soggy. It will also hold together much better as you are munching away!
4. While the bread is warming tear the lettuce and slice the tomatoes.
5. ASSEMBLE! We like to start with a thin layer of butter, this is optional but we think it adds to the flavour. Add a dollop of light mayo, then go on to make a bed of lettuce, followed by a layer of crispy bacon on top.
6. Repeat step 5 so you have a double layer of mayo, lettuce and bacon then add the tomato slices on top.
7. Finish everything of with your sauce of choice. We have gone for a classic splodge of tomato ketchup on top! DELICIOUS!